22 May 2017

This season...Synopsis.

Wow, my season was like a small stone that slips in the mountains and then proceeds down knocking other stones and causing an avalanche.

With half a dozen trips to the Chilterns and a few to the New Forest My work with AtoZ Expeditions has really taken off, I have also facilitated some very successfull Gold expeditions both in Open canoe & by foot in the Brecon Beacons.

Work at Pendine OEC is at a new pace, with a possible promotion opportunity turned  down due to my commitments elsewhere. I have re started my SUP learning having had some very successful kneeling surf Sup sessions, (Stand Up Paddle boarding) I will begin Standing in my next session...

With my new Expedition Co ordinator role at AtoZ I have been able to access and try out the Spot Tracker GPS system that they use a bit more concisely and will be sharing my thoughts towards the end of this week. No time now I have to go off to Pendine for Monday Afternoon.

A few weeks ago in the New Forest I had a close encounter with an adder (the only "poisonous" snake native to the UK) mistaking it for discarded climbing rope before realising it had eyes and a forked tongue! The more I do DofE expeditions the more I realise how nice parts of England still are despite the great British public discarding their rubbish and generally having a lack of interest (sweeping generalisation I know).