2 September 2017

Update...


So today I am making a vow to blog more, I was reliably informed by a D of E gold qualifying group last week that I needed to blog more. In reply I suggested they walk more for their assessment.

The group from Hertfordshire had attended a gold practice expedition that I had been involved in delivering so I was supervisor only in an effort to promote accountability and unbiased assessing D of E invoke a rule/guideline where any group one has trained should not be assessed by the same person.

The groups I assessed did really well, though one of them had a slow start getting into the spirit of the award, they finished on flying colours.


Well done guys, a great effort and a job that felt very enjoyable thanks to your competence and good banter!

This expedition was run through A to Z Expeditions, a company firmly committed to quality D of E expeditions and that I am pleased to have a reliable involvement with & it means I get to see young people like those featured above really excelling at life, when the youth of Britain are regularly depicted in a less positive light, these moments give me hope!

In other news I have just moved house down sizing at the in-laws in an effort to raise funds for a deposit on an actual house! (hence the not blogging earlier this summer).