18 November 2015

First Aid Instructor

First Aid Instructor!

I am now officially a FAW instructor, including AED (De fibulation) and Anyphalaxis managment (epi pen's), I can run out door First Aid Courses and Paediatric courses. I will also be a qualified L3 teacher (very very basic entry level) I just need to sort out some Liability Insurance and I will be away, watch this blog for the very best of best deals!

The course took 5 days and was hosted by Nuco training a company based in Cornwall and focused on the delivery of First Aid at Work nationwide. There support structure and resources are the very best in standard and I am excited to be under such a professional and well regarded banner.

A few things I learned, you or we are now protected by law in the equipping or the delivery of people suffering from asthma attack a blue inhaler. Ie if a member of my group has "forgotten" his inhaler despite reminding and all the safe guards, If he were to undergo an Asthma attack I could legally give him someone else's in the groups. It is also possible to obtain a blue inhaler from the local chemists/ pharmacists if you can prove you may have need of it. EG. a School First Aid Kit or A Churches, Scout groups, Guide groups.... Outdoor Instructor operating with groups, you get the picture.

Better to give an individual an inhaler then let them pass out and die whilst waiting for an ambulance which will just give them a (you guessed it) blue inhaler if they get there in time and CPR and defibrillator if they are to late.

The same applies to the administration of self injectors or epi-pens when dealing with anaphylaxis.