24 March 2016

Coming up

As we rise our head from the mire and desolation of an unemployed winter, hope springs eternal as I have been working at Pendine OEC these last weeks and am really enjoying being out of the 'Senior' seat and just being allowed to take my group of 12 (yes 12) off on adventures. The team of Instructors I am working with are lovely for the most part with some question marks still to be figured out!

Next week I will be attending three days of training one to cover surfing and Stand Up paddle boarding (SUP), I am really looking forward to these as I am aiming to get a SUP coaching module this year. Through a British Canoeing course which will count as my annual refresher, in case I am not quite ready for my level 3 assessment (see previous blog posts).

The other two training days is a training course covering Coasteering, an activity I have done very little of but one that now I am living in South West Wales is well worth attaining. I am looking forward to this also with my brand new wet suit ready in my kit store, I have been practising getting into it as a new wet suit requires some considerable efforts, I only look cool once it's on, the fitting process... not so much. Lots of potential this year, just hoping the finances mirror that optimism.