25 August 2016

Over the summer.

Over the Summer, I have steeped up with my self employed networking, and also let the ball drop on some things letting people down in the process.
It sucks sometimes when you knuckle down and do the sums for a client and it turns out you simply can't deliver what you have said you can, hey ho experience learned and it wont happen again.

A potentially huge booking for me running a too day first aid course boiled down to me unable to acquire the right, affordable Liability Insurance, maybe if I had asked for a hefty deposit I would have been able to secure the insurance, but technically you need liability insurance (as far as I am aware) to cover you from the deposit stage onward. I hate letting clients down but I hope this scenario is one I have learnt from and can prevent from re occurring.

I am pleased to announce how ever that I will be insured for delivering First aid at work courses as of the 1st of September, and I am hoping that this bold, and reasonably costly move will give enough employment to get me through the less profitable winter months. We will see.

 

I have also been running some paddle power awards through Cardigan Bay Water sports which has been a really fun experience and saw me on sit on top kayaks for the first time in a while. I am looking forward to developing more links with this brilliantly located and run centre. In a town with some of the best 'foody' establishments, lunch breaks are equally fun in New Quay. I have also 'bean' paddle boarding.

Stay tuned for pricing info and dates for first aid courses (FAW).